You must fill out this form online to RSVP to the event. There will be no entry into the event without registering here first. Spots fill up fast! We will close registration once we are at capacity. Once you have submitted the form, you must download and sign the pdf provided. Both your ID and your signed and printed waiver will be required to enter the festival.
Carpooling is highly encouraged.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND
WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS
1. Definitions. The person who is attending and/or participating in the “Rod of Iron Freedom Festival” to be held on October 12, and 13, 2019 shall be referred to as the “Participant”. The “Undersigned” means “(a)” only the Participant when the Participant is age 18 or older or “(b)” it means both the Participant and the Participant’s parent or legal guardian when the Participant is under the age of 18. “Released Parties” mean SAEILO Enterprises, Inc., SAEILO, Inc., t/d/b/a Kahr Arms and Auto Ordinance, Magnum Research, Tommy Gun Warehouse and Thompson, World Peace and Unification Sanctuary, Inc., t/d/b/a Rod of Iron Ministry, Unification Sanctuary, Inc., Aikolai USA One, LLC and Aikolai Park Association, and
their respective successors in interest, affiliated companies and organizations, insurance carrier, agents, servants, workmen, employees, representatives, assignees, officers, directors, members and/or shareholders. The “Activity” means attending and/or participating in any manner in the Rod of Iron Freedom Festival to be held on October 12 and 13, 2019 or any aspect thereof, including but not being limited to the carrying and shooting of firearms, whether undertaking or actively pursuing or participating in any event or activity ceremony, performance, demonstration or the like conducted, sponsored or available at the Festival.
2. Risks of Activity. The undersigned agrees and understands that taking part in the Activity may be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF
PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH. The undersigned acknowledges that the activity is inherently dangerous and fully realizes the dangers of participating in the Activity. The risks and dangers of the activity include, but are not limited to loud noise, percussion, kickback and recoil of firearms, gunshot, burns, ricochet of projectiles, fragmentation of items struck by projectiles, exposure to natural elements, foliage and animals, trip, slip and fall, equipment failure and/or defects, exposure to lead
and airborne lead particles, defects in the premises or any party thereof on which the Festival is conducted, including latent, hidden or obvious defects, if any, therein or thereon, terrain features, operator error and negligence, participant operator and negligence, uneven surfaces, personal injury from participation in physical training and exercise activities, mental and emotional distress from exposure to any of the above, and negligence of others.
THE UNDERSIGNED ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE RISKS LISTED ABOVE IS NOT COMPLETE AND THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY MAY BE DANGEROUS AND MAY INCLUDE OTHER RISKS.
3. Release, Indemnification, and Assumption of Risk. In consideration of the Participant being permitted to participate in the Activity, the Undersigned agree as follows:
(a) Release. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE OR BRING ANY OTHER LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES with respect to any and all claims and causes of action of any nature whether currently known or unknown, which the Undersigned, or any of them, have or which could be asserted on behalf of the Undersigned in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Activity, including but not limited to claims of negligence, breach of warranty, and/or breach of contract.
(b) Indemnification. The Undersigned hereby agree to indemnify, defend
and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, cost, expense or damage of any kind or nature whatsoever and from any suits, claims or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of, or related to, Participant’s participation in the Activity. Such obligation on the part of the Undersigned shall survive the period of the Participant’s participation in the Activity.
(c) Assumption of Risk. The Undersigned agree and understand that there
are dangers and risks associated with the participation in the Activity and that INJURIES AND/OR DEATH may result from participating in the Activity, including, but not limited to the acts, omissions, representations, carelessness, and negligence of the Released Parties. By signing this document, the Undersigned recognize that property loss, injury and death are all possible while participating in the Activity. RECOGNIZING THE RISKS AND DANGERS, THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTAND THE
NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE FOR PARTICIPANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISKS AND DANGERS OF THE PARTICIPATION OF THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER OR NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INHERIT, OR OTHERWISE.
4. Minor Acknowledgment. In the case of a minor Participant, the Undersigned parent or legal guardian acknowledges that he/she is not only signing this Agreement on his/her behalf, but that he/she is legally authorized to and is also signing on behalf of the minor and that the minor shall be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of a minor, the parent or legal guardian understands that he/she is also waiving rights on behalf of the minor that the minor otherwise may have. The Undersigned parent or legal guardian agrees that, but for the foregoing, the minor would not be permitted to participate in the Activity. By signing this Agreement without a parent or legal guardian’s signature, Participant, under penalty of fraud, represents that he/she is at least 18 years of age. If signing as the parent or guardian or a minor Participant, signing adults represent that they are a legal parent or guardian of the minor Participant. The Undersigned parent and/or legal guardian further agrees to indemnity, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, costs, expenses and or damages of any kind or nature whatsoever and from any suits, claims or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of, or related the minor’s participation in the Activity. The Undersigned parent further agreeing that the Undersigned parent shall be solely and singularly liable to the minor child for any physical injury, death and/or property damage sustained or purported to be sustained by the minor child as a result of the minor child’s participation in the Activity.
The Undersigned parent or legal guardian does further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, costs, expenses or damage of any kind or nature whatsoever, from any suits, claim or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of or related to the minor child participation in the Activity including any such suit, claims or demands by third parties arising from the minor’s participation in the Activity. Further the Undersigned parent or legal guardian, on behalf of the minor child, agrees to be bound by the binding arbitration provision set forth below.
5. Medical Care. Undersigned authorizes the Released Parties and/or their authorized personnel to call for medical care for Participant or to transport Participant to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such personnel, medication attentions is needed. Undersigned agree to
pay all costs associated with such medical care and related transportation.
6. Binding Arbitration. It is agreed that any controversy which may arise between the parties relating to the interpretation, validity, construction or performance of this Agreement or any claims arising from the Activity shall be subjected to common law arbitration under 42 Pa. C.S.A. 7341. Either party must demand in writing that the dispute be submitted to arbitration within thirty days after such dispute arises. Should any party not make such demand in writing within the thirty day period, they shall be deemed to have forever waived and discharged any such claim or dispute,
regardless of any other statute of limitations which may otherwise apply. The demand shall include the name of the arbitrator appointed by the party demanding the arbitration, as well as a statement of the matter in controversy. Within fifteen days after receipt of such demand, the other party must also appoint an arbitrator. In the event the other party fails to appoint the second arbitrator within this fifteen day period, the arbitrator named by the party demanding the arbitration shall select a second
arbitrator. A third arbitrator shall be chosen by the first two arbitrators within fifteen days after the second arbitrator is selected. The arbitrators shall have the power to designate a time and place in Pike County, Pennsylvania for the arbitration hearing, as well as the manner in which the written notice of hearing shall be served on all interested parties. The arbitrators will have the authority to adjourn and reconvene the hearing as they deem necessary. For good cause shown and upon request by a
party, the arbitrators shall have the authority to postpone the hearing to a time not later than thirty days subsequent to the first scheduled hearing date. The powers of the arbitrators shall be exercised by a majority of the arbitrators. Each party shall bear its own arbitration costs and expenses. These costs and expenses shall include, but are not limited to, the fees and expenses of the arbitrators appointed by the parties in preparing for and conducting the hearing and in deciding the controversy, and any
additional expenses for postage, photocopying, express and messenger delivery charges, long-distance telephone charges, and travel expenses. Each party shall pay fifty percent of the fee and similar costs to the third arbitrator. The award rendered by majority of the arbitrators pursuant to this Agreement shall be final and binding on all parties, subject to the statutory provisions of 42 Pa. C.S.A. 7341 regarding the vacation or modification of an arbitration award upon a showing of fraud, misconduct, corruption or other irregularity causing the rendition of an unjust, inequitable or unconscionable award. Notice of the award shall be mailed to each of the parties by U.S. certified mail, postage prepaid and a return receipt requested, not later than fifteen days after the conclusion of the hearing. A judgment or decree in conformity of the award may be entered by a court of competent jurisdiction on the application of either party. The parties agree that the provisions of this Agreement are a complete defense to any suit in law or in equity with respect to any to any controversy arising under the circumstances previously specified. These arbitration provisions shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
7. Miscellaneous. The Undersigned further agree and understand (a) Participant will not engage in any activities prohibited by an applicable laws, statutes, regulations and ordinances; (b) this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; (c) this
Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto and supersedes any and all prior contracts, arrangements, communications or representations, whether oral or written, between
the parties relating to the subject matter hereof; (d) the Undersigned understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law; (e) This Agreement is binding upon the parties hereto and their respective heirs, administrators, executors, successors, assigns, affiliates and subrogated parties. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be binding upon the respective heirs, administrators, executors, successors, assigns, affiliates and subrogated parties of the Undersigned.